As a locally based firm with three partners providing diverse skills, we believe that we are well placed to provide an excellent service to your organisation. Our overriding philosophy is to provide a quality, value for money service, including a high allocation of partner and manager time, which we believe reflects the importance we attach to the delivery of a personalised, professional service. Our multi-disciplinary teams support all your specific needs. We are committed to your growth and success, pro-actively responsive to your needs and take cognisance of the specific characteristics of each client.
We realise the importance of your need for a high quality, cost effective audit.
Our risk based approach to auditing incorporates the following key elements:
- maximum utilisation of the accounting skills of your staff in the preparation of year end schedules and reconciliations;
- the recognition of the unique features of your business;
- a focus on specific identified risk areas and key management and internal controls;li>
- a thorough understanding of your operations;
- assignment of high quality audit staff.
A "zero-based" audit plan will identify the main components of your financial statements and will seek the most efficient and effective ways of auditing these components. We are very conscious of the importance of controlling our audit costs and we invest heavily in identifying and adopting the most efficient audit methods and procedures, including the utilisation of computerised audit files and working papers.
Constructive, Relevant Management Report
The preparation of a constructive and relevant management report at the conclusion of the audit is fundamental to high quality client service. The content of our report will be discussed with you before release and will provide detailed recommendations regarding:
- your accounting records and reports;
- your key management and financial controls;
- other important matters arising from the audit.
Basis of Professional Fees
Our fees are based on the time worked by our staff at hourly rates that vary in accordance with experience and seniority.
There are only two things in life of which you can be certain, death and taxes. Whether you are an income earner, entrepreneur or a large company, you are required to pay tax, be it PAYE, provisional tax, VAT or UIF. We can assist you in keeping up to date with your taxes.
Whether you find completing your income tax return annoying or just too complicated to comprehend, we can help you to ensure that you are not only 100% compliant, but only pay what is required by law.
We have a knowledgeable and dedicated group of people who, through experience or academic learning, understand the intricate tax legislation.
There is just no getting away with not paying tax. However, by looking at your individual circumstances and long term financial plans, we can assist you to structure your finances to ensure that you pay minimal tax going forward. It is important to always consider the "big picture" in order to ensure that you submit the correct tax returns.
All you have to do is provide us, in good time, with all the information relating to your income and expenses that are required to be disclosed on your income tax return.
We will then complete the return on your behalf, ensuring that the tax laws are applied to your best advantage. We will liaise with the South African Revenue Service (SARS) should they have any queries and check the income tax assessment to ensure that SARS have assessed you correctly.
Should the assessment be incorrect or we disagree with the SARS calculation, we will object on your behalf. We cannot remove your obligation to pay income tax, but we can help you plan so that you know what your options are and how to structure your affairs so that you do not get an unexpected whopping tax bill when your cash flow is under strain!
We can also assist you with your PAYE, UIF and VAT, from registrations to assisting with the calculations and submission of returns to ensure that you need not worry about paying interest and penalties for late rendition or incorrect calculations.
Many business owners are under the impression that annual financial statements are not beneficial to their business. Their perception is that financial statements only tell them what has happened in the past and the only reason for compiling them is to keep the bank and SARS satisfied. Annual financial statements are so much more.
Keeping financial records is probably not what you do best. Most likely you would rather spend your time selling your product or service. However, if you are going to run a successful business, accurate and timely financial information is a must for:
- making decisions,
- monitoring which customers are the most or least profitable,
- planning your cash flow effectively, and
- obtaining finance.
Our high quality team are committed to recording your financial data taking cognisance of the specific characteristics and needs of each client. Our offering is tailored to the needs of the client and can be annual, monthly or a combination thereof. We combine the accounting process with an interactive relationship with the client and the result is a process that includes and empowers the client in their business.
The following functions can be tailor-made to meet your needs:
- Monthly capturing of debtors and creditors invoices, capturing bank and petty cash receipts and payments, reconciliations of debtors, creditors, bank and cash, monthly journals, monthly management accounts.
- Running of payrolls which include processing of salaries and wages, preparation of all employer returns, EMP201 (PAYE, UIF and SDL) and UIF declarations.
- Preparation and submission of all statutory forms, including all payroll returns, monthly, bi or four monthly VAT returns (VAT201).
- Preparation of Annual Financial Statements and income tax returns for companies, close corporations, partnerships, sole proprietors and trusts.
Entrepreneurship in South Africa is essential if the economy is to grow and jobs are to be created, so the willingness and courage to start your own business are applauded. Statistically however, the chances of a new business succeeding are not good, so you are urged to evaluate your proposed business realistically, with the aid of a business advisor for which role we are ideally suited.
Through our wide breadth of experience and knowledge, we are readily able to assist you in providing a valuable service in the following areas:
- advice on starting a business and on the specific requirements that relate to the type of business you want to start,
- business management advice and structuring,
- company & close corporations secretarial work,
- comprehensive & realistic business plans,
- implementation of the systems and internal controls,
- necessary skills for technical, financial and business management
- business valuations.
We have a high quality team who are committed to your growth and success, pro-actively responsive to your needs and take cognisance of the specific characteristics of each client. Our firm focuses on meeting your expectations while providing you with the kind of business partners that you need for the future.
We ensure that we have:
- the appropriate resources and the range of services and skills to service clients effectively and efficiently; as well as
- selected experienced professionals who are dedicated to servicing clients and who relate well to management.
Most people seem to think that estate planning is only for the very wealthy, but who knows your finances better than your accountant?
While you are busy enjoying life and creating wealth, the last thing you want to think about is what happens when you die, but like taxes, death is something none of us can avoid.
The best time to start an estate plan is before you have made any money!
This way you can put the correct structures in place as you increase your wealth rather than spending money trying to protect your wealth retrospectively.
AHvR can assist you:
- by advising you on your different options.
- with the preparation of your and your relatives’ wills.
- with the creation of family trusts to protect your wealth, not only for you, but for your children and grandchildren.
As your circumstances and plans change, let us work with you in amending your will and/or family trust.
Estate planning is not a once off task, but an ongoing exercise that must change and grow as you change and grow.
We can act as the executor to your estate or assist your loved ones by acting as a co-executor and completing the necessary paper work with the Master of the High Court, such as the Liquidation and Distribution Accounts.